This is something that has been on my mind for a really, really, really long time. I’m sharing some of my “Mindful Marketing” tips for rethinking your business, how you use digital marketing, and what needs to happen if you want to get your business to the next level.
Question: Why do most businesses throw money at the internet without any real tangible business justification?
Answer: Most of us are completely unclear about how to use digital marketing effectively, so we’re just following along and doing what everyone else is doing.
Mindful Marketing Tip #1:
The power of Mindfulness is as a very simple way to sort through some of the issues causing you stress, and find a logical path that makes sense an will get you more peace of mind. So, take a breathe.
Ask yourself this question “Why am I blogging? Why am I using social media?”
ou’re answer is probably along the lines of this:
1. I’m blogging because my content will help me get better search traffic from google, and increase my traffic.
2.It’s a way to showcase my expertise and differentiate myself from others.
3. I’m on social media for the same reasons. It’s also a way to network with my industry, get on the radar of brands and publications I want to work with. I want to be an influencer.
Now, if you want to make things better, then what you do next is critical. Look at each of these answers and find evidence to back up your claims.
1. How many paying clients have I gotten from Google? How hard would it be to repeat this enough times to really make it worth my effort?
2. If your goal is to get on the cover of Architectural Digest, let’s really think about why this is important to you. Who read Architectural Digest in your market? It is a really hard thing to get published in magazine these days, and although it is validating, does it increase sales for designers? Do you think the many steps you need to take to get published is worth it? The value of getting published used to be having a platform to connect with your customer on a bigger scale. Now you have access to your own platform, why work so hard just to be included in a dwindling medium?
3. Social media is rife with experts promising to make you an Influencer. But how do influencers make money? Through sponsorships and advertising, not through providing services to actual customers.
So, this is a waste of your value, and the way to fix it is really simple. But you have to willing to do something that might not be popular among your competitive set, but that’s because most businesses haven’t really figured out how to maximize online-marketing ROI in the form of sales. I promise you this is the only way to use digital marketing effectively to build your business.
Some of the things I teach my clients:
1. Scheduling and Time Management
2. Managing Client Expectations
3. Finding the Right People
4. Keeping the Cash Flowing
5. Managing Costs
I use one simple three step formula that will improve just part of your business, plus you’ll be a lot happier doing what you really want to do instead of wasting time and money on digital marketing that does not bring you the high-ticket clients you need to succeed.
Let me know if you’re ready to save money and make more sales.